If you’re a homeowner in Lafayette, California, you know how important it is to have a functioning air conditioning system. With hot temperatures throughout the year, a broken AC unit can lead to discomfort and even health issues. That’s why it’s essential to have a trusted HVAC contractor like Certified Heating and Air Conditioning on your side for air conditioning repair in Lafayette, CA, and the surrounding area.
Many potential problems can occur with an air conditioning system, especially in areas with hot weather like Lafayette, CA. Here are some common issues that homeowners may experience:
- Low refrigerant levels: Refrigerant is what cools the air in your AC unit, so if levels are low, the air will not be as cool as it should be. Low levels tend to indicate a leak so it’s important to call for repairs.
- Dirty air filter: A dirty air filter can cause airflow problems and reduce the efficiency of your system.
- Electrical issues: Faulty wiring, broken capacitors, or other electrical problems can cause your AC unit to malfunction or fail altogether.
- Thermostat problems: A faulty thermostat can lead to incorrect temperature readings, causing your AC system to cycle on and off too frequently.
- Condenser unit problems: The condenser unit is the external component of your AC system, and weather, animals, or debris can damage it.
The outside component of your AC system, the condenser unit, is vulnerable to a variety of potential hazards. Here are some standard outside components that can cause harm to your AC system:
- Weather damage: Hail, wind, rain, and other severe weather conditions can damage your condenser unit. For example, hailstones can dent or puncture the metal fins of the unit, causing refrigerant leaks or airflow problems.
- Animals: Animals like squirrels, raccoons, and birds can damage the wiring, coils, and other parts of your condenser unit. For example, rodents may chew through the electrical wires, leading to electrical problems and system failure.
- Debris: Debris like leaves, grass, and dirt can clog the fins of your condenser unit, reducing the airflow and causing the system to work harder than it should. This can lead to higher energy bills and a shorter lifespan for your AC unit.
If you suspect that something has damaged your condenser unit, it’s essential to call a professional HVAC contractor like Certified Heating and Air Conditioning for help. Here are some ways that we can assist you:
- Inspect the unit: Our technicians can inspect your condenser unit for damage and diagnose any problems that may be affecting your AC system.
- Clean the unit: We can remove any debris clogging the fins of your condenser unit, improving airflow and reducing strain on your AC system.
- Repair or replace parts: If any parts of your condenser unit are damaged, we can repair or replace them to get your AC system back up and running.
- Provide maintenance: Regular maintenance is essential to keep your AC system running efficiently and avoid potential problems. We can provide annual maintenance services with our maintenance plans to help you avoid costly repairs and extend the lifespan of your system.
If you’re experiencing problems with your AC system or suspect your condenser unit has been damaged, don’t hesitate to contact Certified Heating and Air Conditioning for air conditioning repair in Lafayette, CA. Our experienced technicians can help you with any AC-related issues, from minor repairs to full system replacements. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or learn more about our services.