Martinez, CA, is known for its hot and dry climate, which can make summers unbearable without a reliable air conditioning system. Unfortunately, AC units are prone to malfunctioning, leaving homeowners sweltering in the heat.
Fortunately, Certified Heating and Air Conditioning can help. With over 20 years of experience in air conditioning repair in the Martinez, CA, area, we have become the go-to experts for all your repair needs. So, if you’re tired of sweating it out in the heat, give us a call, and we’ll help you get your AC unit up and running again.
Before calling in a professional, homeowners can do a few things to troubleshoot their air conditioning system. Here are some steps to follow:
- Check the thermostat: Ensure that the thermostat is set to “cool” and the temperature is set to a desired level. If the thermostat is not working, consider replacing the batteries or getting a new one altogether.
- Check the air filter: A dirty filter can reduce airflow, affecting your AC system’s efficiency. Check the filter and replace it if it has collected more dirt and debris than usual.
- Check the circuit breaker: If your AC unit is not turning on, check the circuit breaker to see if it has tripped. If it has, reset it and see if the system turns back on.
- Check the condenser unit: The condenser unit is located outside and can be affected by debris or dirt buildup. Make sure it is clean and clear of any obstructions.
While there are some troubleshooting steps homeowners can take, some problems require professional help. Here are some situations where it is best to call in an expert for air conditioning repair in Martinez, CA:
- Refrigerant leaks: Refrigerant is a crucial component in your AC system, and if there is a leak, it can affect the cooling capacity and cause damage to the environment. A technician can diagnose the issue and repair or replace the leaking part.
- Electrical issues: AC systems are complex and involve electrical components. It is best to leave any electrical repairs to a licensed professional to avoid the risk of injury or damage to your AC system.
- Blower fan problems: The blower fan is responsible for circulating the air throughout your home. If it is not working correctly, it can affect the overall performance of your AC system. A professional can diagnose and fix the issue.
- Compressor issues: The compressor is the heart of your AC system and is responsible for pumping refrigerant. If it is not working, your AC unit will not function correctly. A professional technician can diagnose the problem and recommend the best solution.
Air conditioning repair in Martinez, CA, and the surrounding area is essential to ensure your system functions correctly, especially during the hot summer months. While there are some troubleshooting steps homeowners can take, it is best to call in a professional for more complex issues. Certified Heating and Air Conditioning has been providing high-quality air conditioning repair services for years, and we are ready to help you get your system up and running again. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!